filed in Bad Eating Habits on May.19, 2010
It is often seen that some people addicted to chew ice cubes throughout the day especially in summer season. Here question is this that is eating ice bad for your health? The answer of this question varies according to perceptions of different people. However we will discuss this point in this article with respect to these perceptions. In the light of this discussion you can assume that is eating ice bad or good for your health?
We will continue this discussion regarding some of its benefits and side effects on health.
- One of biggest advantages of eating ice is loosing weight. You can chew crushed ice when you feel hunger.
- Eating ice also increase amount of fluid in your body that is considered a sign for good health.
- If temperature of your body is high, eating ice will give you relief in controlling temperature of your body.
- Eating ice is beneficial for those people who are in trouble of anemia. The symptoms of this disease force them to eat ice for comfort like burning mouth, dry tongue, dry throat and dry mouth.
- Constantly eating and chewing ice can be harmful for your teeth and gums.
- Sometime your voice can be changed with addiction of eating ice all the time.
- Having extreme gas, stomach bloating and pain in stomach is also reported from the people who used to eat excess amount of ice daily.
- Eating ice can be considered as Pica a medical term in which non-nutritive substances are eaten by adults and teenagers like clay, chalk, coal, paint chips, cement chips and dirt etc.
- Eating ice can be harmful for throat and mouth.
Addiction of eating ice can be seen in different people regardless of this thing that they are women, men, child and old ones.