filed in Geographical Eating Habits on May.13, 2010
Individuals of different regions have different eating habits and it depends on the culture and customs of that region in which people live. Foods and eating habits also vary according to the nutritional factors and physical requirements of inhabitants of a particular region or state. China is one of civilized and developed countries of the world and has very strong culture and customs that cover each aspect of Chinese way of living. Here we will discuss eating habits of Chinese people that are quite different from western countries.
- Unlike western people where every one has his/her own plate of food Chinese have very good eating habits. They like to eat rice, wheat, tea as beverage, fruits and vegetables in their diet and keep in mind the physical requirements of body while eating. Meat is expensive food item in China but they add it in their diet. Chinese Cuisine is most important part of their three times meal.
- Their meal starts from some of cold dishes and tobacco is also an important food item on their dinning table. They don’t like to eat spicy food. Chinese people eat hot water all time. Most of their dishes based on rice with combination of green vegetables.
- Presentation is also one of good eating habit of Chinese as they like to present their food in better way and focus on this point that food should be presented in attractive manner.
- Chinese also like to enjoy their meal together and arrange feasts and parties for this purpose.
- Place setting and serving etiquettes are also very good of Chinese people. They use double chopsticks, flat-bottomed soupspoons and saucer to enjoy their meal. A hot towel is provided at the end of meal instead of napkins. Chinese use square and round dinning table than elongated like westerns.
- They don’t like to leave food in their plate’s even grains. Desserts and sweet dishes are usually served on specially occasions of Chinese community.
- Like other civilized regions Chinese also like to eat such food that best suit their physical requirements and according to the trends of United Nations Food and Agricultural Organization.
We can say that Chinese have good eating habits, manners and etiquettes to enjoy their meal.